Welcome to the Member's
Only area. New material will be added to this section from time to time.
Consist Records - Railroad standard consists reports
- Assignment of Space in Sleeping Cars, Parlor Cars and Cafe-Observation Cars, 1939, updated to 1953, From John Moore
- Assignment of Space in Sleeping Cars and Chair Cars, 1959, from Evan Stair
- Circular 380 - list of ATSF Freight Cars
Fe Today: 8 booklets, a state of the railroad
- Wheels Keep 'em Rolling, 1943,
Locomotive and Equipment Maintenance, 27 pages (pdf, 6.7 MB) (Supplied by Stan
- Maintenance of Railroad Track and
Structures, 1943, 24 pages ( pdf, 4.1 MB) (Supplied by Stan Hall).
by state review, supplied by Stan Hall.
- Jewel in the Sun, (pdf, 3.3 MB)
- Captivating Colorful Country, (pdf, 4.8 MB)
- Rocky Mountain Empire, (pdf, 3.2 MB)
- Home to Santa Fe, (pdf, 2.3 MB)
Mexico - Southwest's Sunshine State, (pdf, 5 MB)
- Region of Rich Resources, March, 1948. (pdf, 3.1 MB)
- Aggressive Empire, (pdf, 2.9 MB)
Official Guide, 1931, ATSF materials. 39 pages (pdf, 8.2 MB) (Supplied
by Stan Hall).
- The Scout, 1938 (1.2 MB) (Supplied
by Stan Hall)
- Enroute to Victory (WWII ATSF
brochure) (3.28 MB) (Supplied by Stan Hall)
Notes on Santa Fe Trips (2.28 MB) (Supplied by Stan Hall)
Charts: a schematic view of the railroad mile by mile.
- Passenger Timetable, Summer 1952 (pdf, 5 MB)
- Operating Department, 1953 (pdf, 10 MB, provided by Steve Sandifer)
- Rules Governing Movement and Reporting of All Loaded and Empty Cars, Tracing of Cars, Telegraphic Code, Perishable Protective Symbols, 3/1/57 (pdf, 605K, provided by Steve Sandifer)
- Circular No. 210-N, Instructions to Santa Fe Employees on Freight Car Handling, 10-1-67, (pdf, 1MB, provided by Steve Sandifer)
- Circular 2-J, SFRD, Handling of Perishable Freight, December 1941, (pdf 7.12MB, provided by Steve Sandifer).
- Form 2250, AAR Code of Rules Governiing Conditions and Repairs to Cars, Effective 1/1/45 (pdf 4.1 MB provided by Steve Sandifer)
- Instructions for Enginemen governing the Care, Maintenance and Economical Operation of the Steam Locomotive, Rev. 1942. (pdf 46 MB, provided by Steve Sandifer)
- Circular 33-S, Instructions for Trainmen governing the Handling of Transportation and Regulations Applying in Connection Therewith, Passenger Department, July 1, 1943 with updates to 1970. (pdf, 5.5 MB, provided by Steve Sandifer)
- Freight train schedules (1949, 1955)
- 1943 and 1945 ATSF pages from Official Registry of Passenger Train Equipment (provided by John Barry)
- 1936 Loco Assignments.xls provided by John Barry.
- Form 500, Instructions to Station Freight Agents (272 pgs. pdf), 1966
- Map of San Bernardino A Yard
- Plans for the San Bernardino Precooler
- Plans for San Bernardino structures
- Summit, CA, structures and drawings
- Convention Playbook in pdf and Word.doc form.
Google Books has a number of early ATSF books, brochures, and advertising pieces digitized and available free of charge on line.